Alpine F1 Team consists of the Alpine A521 chassis, developed and manufactured in Enstone (United Kingdom), whilst the Renault E-Tech 21 power unit is developed in Viry-Châtillon (France).
- 1600mm Front Track
- 1550mm Rear Track
- 5425mm Length
- 753kg Weight with driver, cameras and ballast
- 2000mm Width
- 950mm Height
ALPINE A521 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Chassis Moulded carbon fibre and aluminium honeycomb composite monocoque, manufactured by Alpine F1 Team and designed for maximum strength with minimum weight. Renault E-Tech 21 power unit installed as a fully-stressed member.
- Front suspension Carbon fibre top and bottom wishbones operate an inboard rocker via a pushrod system. This is connected to torsion bar and damper units which are mounted inside the front of the monocoque. Aluminium uprights and OZ machined magnesium wheels.
- Rear suspension Carbon fibre top and bottom wishbones with pull rod operated torsion bars and transverse-mounted damper units mounted inside the gearbox casing. Aluminium uprights and OZ machined magnesium wheels.
- Transmission Eight-speed semi-automatic carbon maincase gearbox with reverse gear. “Quickshift” system in operation to maximise speed of gearshifts.
- Fuel system Kevlar-reinforced rubber fuel cell by ATL.
- Electrical MES-Microsoft Standard Electronic Control Unit.
- Cockpit Removable driver’s seat made of anatomically formed carbon composite, with six-point harness seat belt. Steering wheel integrates gear change paddles, clutch paddles, and DRS.
The power unit is developed in Viry-Châtillon (France).
E-TECH 21 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Displacement 1.6L V6
- Number of cylinders 6
- Number of valves 4 per cylinder, 24
- Configuration 90° V6
- Rev limit 15,000 rpm
- Pressure charging Single turbocharger, unlimited boost pressure (typical 5 bar abs)
- Fuel flow limit 100kg/h
- Permetted fuel quantity per race Max 110 kg
- Bore 80 mm
- Stroke 53 mm
- Crank height 90 mm
- Fuel Direct fuel injection
- MGU-K rpm Max 50,000rpm
- MGU-K power Max 120 kW
- Energy recovered by MGU-K Max 2 MJ/lap
- Energy released by MGU-K Max 4 MJ/lap
- MGU-H rpm >100,000rpm
- Energy recovered by MGU-H Unlimited
- Weight Min 150kg
- Number of Power Units permitted per driver in 2020 3 ICE/Turbo/MGU-H/MGU-K and 2 ES/CU 8 sets of engine exhausts
- Total horsepower More than 950 hp